Sunday, November 25, 2012

BBQ Turkey Burgers

Pin It Now!

This is a great recipe to make when you want a quick, tasty dinner. It's easy to make and takes very little prep time. I particularly wanted to share this recipe because of my new favorite sauce: Stubb's brand. In general I would caution you to be careful about the barbeque sauce that you use. Many are not gluten free, and others are loaded with sugar. But I love Stubb's because it's gluten free, low in sugar, and it tastes great! The company makes a whole line of BBQ sauce, marinades, and rubs. I have tried several of their flavors and I am a huge fan. This recipe is just one example of how you can make a delicious, simple dish with a yummy, gluten free sauce.






Ingredients


1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce (or your favorite gluten free BBQ sauce)


Preparation


1. Add the BBQ sauce to the ground turkey and mix until well combined.
2. Form the turkey into 4 burger patties.
3. Cook the patties on the grill or on a pan on the stove until fully cooked (about 10-15 minutes). Make sure to flip the burgers while you cook them so that they cook evenly.  Note: unlike beef burgers where you can leave some pink in the middle, turkey burgers taste best when they are fully cooked through.


4. Top with your favorite condiments and serve!

I topped my burgers with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and spicy brown mustard. I ate mine without a bun because I wanted to go gluten free and I did not have any gluten free buns handy. Be creative and use any bread or bun that you like, or just eat it without a bun like I did. If you eat dairy, I think a piece of sharp cheddar cheese would be great on this burger. Enjoy!



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment