Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pin It Now!

I have mentioned Elana's Pantry on this blog once before, and I am so excited to share my favorite recipe from her site: Chocolate Chip Cookies that are gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! You will be truly amazed at how delicious these cookies are. In fact, I have had people tell me that these cookies are better than traditional chocolate chip cookies. Try these next time you want to make cookies, you will not be disappointed!

Ingredients


2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate but any type of dairy free chips will work)

Preparation

 

My favorite type of almond flour is from Honeyville Farms. However, if you can't get a hold of the Honeyville brand, Bob's Red Mill also makes almond flour and you can usually find it at your local grocery store. I have found that the Bob's Red Mill brand is not as finely ground and makes for a more textured cookie, but either brand will make a delicious cookie.


  1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry

  1. Form 1-inch balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet 
  2. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
  3. Cool and serve


Makes 24 cookies. 






Note: I tried doubling this recipe and the cookies came out a little too greasy, probably because of the oil used. If you want to make a double batch, I would suggest making two single batches separately from each other. In my experience, some recipes don't work well when they are doubled, and this appears to be one of them. Other than that, this is an awesome recipe, I know you will love it!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment