Sunday, September 30, 2012

Best Banana Bread

Pin It Now!

My grandmother makes the most delicious banana bread, and I never thought I would ever find a recipe that would come close, especially one that was gluten free and dairy free. Luckily for me, this recipe by Bethenny Frankel gives my grandmother's banana bread a run for its money. I have re-printed Bethenny's recipe below, with some of my own notes added in.

Ingredients

 

1 cup raw sugar (also known as turbinado sugar)
1 cup oat flour ( such as Bob's Red Mill, or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour. I prefer oat flour for this recipe but either type will work. You can also make your own oat flour by putting oatmeal in a food processor.)
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed over ripe bananas (2 or 3)
1 tablespoon nondairy butter (softened)
1 egg
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
(Bethenny's recipe calls for chocolate chips. I left that out of my recipe but I'm sure it would be delicious with the chocolate chips added in).


Preparation


 
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. 


 
3. Combine the wet ingredients (including the bananas) in a separate bowl and mix until well combined.


4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients in a single bowl and mix well.
5. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of a loaf pan. Put the parchment paper in the bottom of the pan and spray it with cooking spray.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and cover it loosely with foil.
7. Bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
8. Remove foil, then bake for another 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean (moist crumbs are fine).



9. Cool completely, then slice and serve.


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment