Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dairy Free Basil Mozzarella Pizza

Pin It Now!

Pizza is something that is hard to find a substitute for when you are not eating dairy. I found a good brand of dairy free cheese that I used to make this recipe. If you want to make gluten free/dairy free pizza, try making this pizza recipe with my Gluten Free/Vegan Pizza Crust.

Ingredients

Your favorite low sodium or no salt added tomato sauce
Mozzarella-style dairy free cheese (my favorite brand is Daiya. I get mine at Sprouts but I have also seen it at Whole Foods).
Pepperoni (or leave off the pepperoni if you want your pizza to be vegetarian or vegan)
Black olives
Fresh basil
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of dried Italian Seasonings

Preparation

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the tomato sauce to a pre-baked pizza crust. (Try my Gluten Free/Vegan Pizza Crust recipe!)
3. Cover the sauce with the non-dairy cheese, pepperoni, and black olives.


4. Sprinkle some garlic powder and Italian Seasonings on top of the pizza along with some thinly sliced pieces of fresh basil.
5. Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes or until all the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.


There are many other gluten free pizza crust recipes out there that you could try if my almond flour version is not for you. I am a big fan of this Wheat-Free Vegan crust by Bethenny Frankel, which is made with oat flour. I have also come across pizza crusts made with coconut flour, such as this Paleo Pizza recipe. I have not made the Paleo recipe but I hope to try it sometime soon. There are so many options out there for making gluten free crust. Keep trying new ones until you find what is right for you!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment