Saturday, October 6, 2012

Gluten Free/Vegan Pizza Crust

Pin It Now!

One of the foods I miss the most when not eating gluten is pizza. It's the ultimate comfort food and it it's the food of choice on many occasions. It's not always easy to be in a social environment watching others enjoy pizza when you are not eating it. I was so excited to come up with a gluten free pizza crust option that was easy to make at home and would satisfy my pizza craving. I hope you like it!

Ingredients

Serves 3-4. 

2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (or your favorite dried Italian herbs, such as oregano or basil)
1 tablespoon agave nectar (this is optional - I like a little sweetness in my pizza crust, but feel free to leave this out if you don't)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup water

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well until the dough forms.
3. Put the dough on a piece of parchment paper and roll into a ball. Put another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough in between the two pieces of parchment paper. (I like to roll my dough into a square or rectangle because I find that to be easier than trying to roll it in a circle, plus it fits on the cookie sheet better).
4. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
5. Take the top piece of parchment paper off the dough. Flip the bottom piece of parchment paper upside-down over the cookie sheet so that the pizza dough drops down onto the center of the cookie sheet.


 6. Put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the dough start to turn golden brown.


Use this dough to make my Dairy Free Basil Mozzarella Pizza, or add your own favorite toppings and enjoy!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment